More From Charles Babbage
- "A powerful attraction exists, therefore, to the promotion of a study and of duties of all others engrossing the time most completely, and which is less benefited than most others by any acquaintance with science."
- "The accumulation of skill and science which has been directed to diminish the difficulty of producing manufactured goods, has not been beneficial to that country alone in which it is concentrated; distant kingdoms have participated in its advantages."
- "Perhaps it would be better for science, that all criticism should be avowed."
More In Education
- "I only had a high school education and believe me, I had to cheat to get that."― Sparky Anderson
- "Although children are only 24 percent of the population, they’re 100 percent of our future and we cannot afford to provide any child with a substandard education."― Ed Markey
- "The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives."― Robert M. Hutchins