More From Charles Babbage
- "That science has long been neglected and declining in England, is not an opinion originating with me, but is shared by many, and has been expressed by higher authority than mine."
- "The accumulation of skill and science which has been directed to diminish the difficulty of producing manufactured goods, has not been beneficial to that country alone in which it is concentrated; distant kingdoms have participated in its advantages."
- "Perhaps it would be better for science, that all criticism should be avowed."
More In Education
- "The frightening thought that what you draw may become a building makes for reasoned lines."― Saul Steinberg
- "The smartest thing we can do to create high-wage jobs and grow our economy is to keep our focus on education."― Bill Richardson
- "My parents discussed singing every night over the dinner table; I had a tremendous music education."― Renee Fleming