More From Charles Babbage
- "The accumulation of skill and science which has been directed to diminish the difficulty of producing manufactured goods, has not been beneficial to that country alone in which it is concentrated; distant kingdoms have participated in its advantages."
- "Perhaps it would be better for science, that all criticism should be avowed."
- "That science has long been neglected and declining in England, is not an opinion originating with me, but is shared by many, and has been expressed by higher authority than mine."
More In Education
- "I think any time you have too much education in one certain field, that can sometimes play against you."― Amber Tamblyn
- "Economists report that a college education adds many thousands of dollars to a man’s lifetime income – which he then spends sending his son to college."― Bill Vaughan
- "In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it."― Marianne Williamson