More From Cat Stevens
- "I’ve studied various schools of thought… I acknowledge that some Muslims consider music prohibited, but I’ve found a lot of evidence from the life of the Prophet to show that he allowed certainly, but even encouraged, music at certain times."
- "‘Peace Train’ is a song I wrote, the message of which continues to breeze thunderously through the hearts of millions. There is a powerful need for people to feel that gust of hope rise up again."
- "Music can be healing, and with my history and my knowledge of both sides of what looks like a gigantic divide in the world, I feel I can point a way forward to our common humanity again."
More In Experience
- "Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again."― Franklin P. Jones
- "Few people even scratch the surface, much less exhaust the contemplation of their own experience."― Randolph Bourne
- "The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes “sight-seeing.”"― Daniel J. Boorstin