More From Cat Stevens
- "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I’m an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."
- "I suppose that by being absent from the music business, it appeared that I just dropped out, but really I never did. I was continuously working and doing various things."
- "I became alienated from this religious upbringing, and started making music. I wanted to be a big star. All those things I saw in the films and on the media took hold of me, and perhaps I thought this was my god: the goal of making money."
More In Experience
- "Parents lend children their experience and a vicarious memory; children endow their parents with a vicarious immortality."― George Santayana
- "The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability."― Henry Ford
- "I wanted to experience New York, to look up and see buildings."― Haile Gebrselassie