More From Cat Stevens
- "I became alienated from this religious upbringing, and started making music. I wanted to be a big star. All those things I saw in the films and on the media took hold of me, and perhaps I thought this was my god: the goal of making money."
- "I became very famous, as a teenager, and my name and photo were splashed in all the media. They made me larger than life, so I wanted to live larger than life, and the only way to do that was to be intoxicated."
- "There was no division I could see between the essential teaching of all Prophets and wise men of religion."
More In Experience
- "I have the ordinary experience of being anonymous when I’m in an airplane talking to air-traffic control, and they don’t know who they’re talking to. I have a lot of common experiences."― Harrison Ford
- "There are people hell-bent on the idea that we’re a Christian band in disguise, and that we have some secret message. We have no spiritual affiliation with this music. It’s simply about life experience."― Amy Lee
- "Something happens to us all when we experience something as a unit that doesn’t occur when we’re on our couches or holding our little portable DVD players."― David Ogden Stiers