More From Carrie Underwood
- "My inner rock chick has always been there. I grew up listening to a lot of rock music through my sisters, who were teenagers while I was young, so they had control of the radio."
- "I’ve never been one for doing remixes. Then I’ve gotta decide which version am I gonna be tonight: country Carrie or pop Carrie? I’d rather just make country music that anybody can get into no matter what they listen to."
- "I wondered how people would take me being a country music singer. I thought about deviating from that and singing other things. But… it doesn’t really make sense for me to try to be something that I’m not."
More In Music
- "What I like about music is the songs you can remember the lines of in a single second."― Karl Lagerfeld
- "It is time we passed a balanced budget amendment and return this government to limited spending."― Newt Gingrich
- "Music never dies. Do we really need another Madonna tour? Does she have to compete with women performers 25 years her junior?"― Camille Paglia