More From Carrie Underwood
- "I respect country music because I feel like it’s more about the talent and the songwriting and I put on a big show and we have a lot of stuff, but I feel confident in myself enough as an artist and a singer that I can have all of those fun toys and know that we don’t need all the bells and whistles either."
- "My inner rock chick has always been there. I grew up listening to a lot of rock music through my sisters, who were teenagers while I was young, so they had control of the radio."
- "All of us gave it all we’ve got, overcame a whole lot just being on the show and learned a lot about ourselves. We’re just normal people trying to do what we love and follow our dreams."
More In Music
- "If I hadn’t of had music in my life, it’s quite possible I’d be dead and I’d much rather be alive."― James Hetfield
- "My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."― Vladimir Nabokov
- "I’ve spent hours and hours doing research into Appalachian folk music. My grandfather was a fiddler. There is something very immediate, very simple and emotional, about that music."― Renee Fleming