More From Carrie Underwood
- "I respect country music because I feel like it’s more about the talent and the songwriting and I put on a big show and we have a lot of stuff, but I feel confident in myself enough as an artist and a singer that I can have all of those fun toys and know that we don’t need all the bells and whistles either."
- "American Idol transcends age, gender, ethnicity, everything."
- "My inner rock chick has always been there. I grew up listening to a lot of rock music through my sisters, who were teenagers while I was young, so they had control of the radio."
More In Music
- "Music is love in search of a word."― Sidney Lanier
- "Music is very spiritual, it has the power to bring people together."― Edgar Winter
- "Confidence, as a teenager? Because I knew what I loved. I loved to read; I loved to listen to music; and I loved cats. Those three things. So, even though I was an only kid, I could be happy because I knew what I loved."― Haruki Murakami