More From Carrie Underwood
- "I love making music and all that, but at the end of the day I don’t think that’s what people are going to remember about a person."
- "American Idol transcends age, gender, ethnicity, everything."
- "All of us gave it all we’ve got, overcame a whole lot just being on the show and learned a lot about ourselves. We’re just normal people trying to do what we love and follow our dreams."
More In Music
- "Music is a performance and needs the audience."― Michael Tippett
- "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, ‘I’ve never seen anyone run like that before.’ It’s more than just a race, it’s a style. It’s doing something better than anyone else. It’s being creative."― Steve Prefontaine
- "Pop is a little bit theatrical. That’s the whole vibe. That’s the point – is that it’s great music, great melodies, great hooks. But, on top of it, it’s a presentation. There’s a showmanship about it. And that’s why I wanted to be a pop star."― Adam Lambert