More From Carol P. Christ
- "Throughout the years, many Christian women have told me of their great respect for the bravery and courage evident in my work, perhaps even gesturing to their own Isis earrings or a Nile River Goddess pendants."
- "In Goddess religion death is not feared, but is understood to be a part of life, followed by birth and renewal."
- "I first became interested in women and religion when I was one of the few women doing graduate work in Religious Studies at Yale University in the late 1960’s."
More In Religion
- "Religion theme aside, most of the time I’m in some sort of comedy and I’m a straight man and it’s really just, let’s wind this guy up and see him explode."― Colin Hanks
- "Democracy may have arisen in the West as the way of striving for the universal aspiration to dignity and freedom, but it isn’t alien to the underlying concepts that infuse religion and moral philosophy everywhere."― Flora Lewis
- "When theology erodes and organization crumbles, when the institutional framework of religion begins to break up, the search for a direct experience which people can feel to be religious facilitates the rise of cults."― Daniel Bell