More From Carol Burnett
- "You have to go through the falling down in order to learn to walk. It helps to know that you can survive it. That’s an education in itself."
- "My grandmother and I saw an average of eight movies a week, double features, second run."
- "But I didn’t ask to have somebody nose around in my private life. I didn’t even ask to be famous. All I asked was to be able to earn a living making people laugh."
More In Mom
- "My mom obviously had a problem."― Dave Pelzer
- "I remember, my mom didn’t have any help, so if she needed to be somewhere after school, we’d just go down to the neighbors’ and she’d give us a snack and make sure we did our homework. There weren’t any latchkey kids."― Jennifer Garner
- "I always say I am a realist, and my mom says, ‘No, you just have anxiety.’"― Jessica Chastain