More From Carol Burnett
- "My grandmother and I saw an average of eight movies a week, double features, second run."
- "But I didn’t ask to have somebody nose around in my private life. I didn’t even ask to be famous. All I asked was to be able to earn a living making people laugh."
- "But I don’t begrudge anybody, because I know how hard it is to have that dream and to make it happen, whether or not it’s just to put a roof over your head and food on the table."
More In Mom
- "Even in high school, I’d tell my mom I was sick of swimming and wanted to try to play golf. She wasn’t too happy. She’d say, ‘Think about this.’ And I’d always end up getting back in the pool."― Michael Phelps
- "My mother stopped working when she had my brother. She was a full time mom until I started getting heavily into ice skating lessons, and it got to the point where they really needed my mom to earn an income."― Dorothy Hamill
- "I deal with postpartum feelings by reaching out to mom friends. I became very close with some of the women in my prenatal yoga class."― Alyssa Milano