More From Carlos Fuentes
- "One puts off the biography like you put off death. To write an autobiography is to etch the words on your own gravestone."
- "What the United States does best is to understand itself. What it does worst is understand others."
- "I am not interested in slice of life, what I want is a slice of the imagination."
More In Freedom
- "At one level you’re condemned to the voice you have. But within those confines, you have a certain amount of freedom to range among your possible voices."― David Guterson
- "I am conservative with a small ‘c.’ It’s possible to be conservative in fiscal policy, and tolerant on moral issues or questions of freedom of expression."― Mick Jagger
- "When one makes a Revolution, one cannot mark time; one must always go forward – or go back. He who now talks about the “freedom of the press” goes backward, and halts our headlong course towards Socialism."― Vladimir Lenin