More From Carlos Fuentes
- "I don’t think any good book is based on factual experience. Bad books are about things the writer already knew before he wrote them."
- "One puts off the biography like you put off death. To write an autobiography is to etch the words on your own gravestone."
- "I use a lot of film images, analogies, and imagination."
More In Freedom
- "Our economic freedom is founded on individual property rights; government should never be permitted to take those away."― Ernest Istook
- "All Americans value the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press, and I believe this is essential for our continued way of life. But with this freedom comes responsibility. That responsibility has been abdicated here by some in the media and some in the government."― Steven Hatfill
- "As Taiwan’s friend and ally, I believe it is important for the United States to monitor the situation in the Taiwan Strait very carefully to help ensure Taiwan is not forced into a position which would endanger its freedom or its democracy."― Jim Costa