More From Carl Hiaasen
- "My humour has always come from anger, but I have to make sure I don’t just get angry and jump on a soapbox."
- "The one thing a lifetime in the newspaper business teaches you is pace – you spend all your time trying to make sure that the reader’s going to finish what you’re writing."
- "From my experience, politicians are much more uncomfortable being made fun of than they are being preached at and screeched at – you know, and the soapbox routine. They’re much more uneasy knowing they’re a target of ridicule."
More In Nature
- "Nature never makes any blunders, when she makes a fool she means it."― Archibald Alexander
- "When I get recognized for ‘Twilight,’ it’s usually a teenage girl, and they’re usually really loud. So it certainly feels like I get recognized the most from that, but it could just be because of the nature of how vocal those fans are."― Anna Kendrick
- "Although it’s difficult, if not impossible, to put a dollar value on the numerous services nature provides, leaving them out of economic calculations means they are often ignored."― David Suzuki