More From Carl Hiaasen
- "Humor can be an incredible lacerating and effective weapon. And that is the way I use it."
- "From my experience, politicians are much more uncomfortable being made fun of than they are being preached at and screeched at – you know, and the soapbox routine. They’re much more uneasy knowing they’re a target of ridicule."
- "If you write satire, the guilty pleasure these days is that there’s just so much material about. On the other hand, if you have a family it can be depressing."
More In Nature
- "The time has come to tell the truth about the corruption of the government employee unions in this country."― Newt Gingrich
- "Growing hemp as nature designed it is vital to our urgent need to reduce greenhouse gases and ensure the survival of our planet."― Jack Herer
- "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."― Thomas Jefferson