More From Camille Paglia
- "Every man must define his identity against his mother. If he does not, he just falls back into her and is swallowed up."
- "Nature, I have constantly argued in my work, is the real superpower of this godless universe. It is the ultimate disposer of human fate, randomly recarving geography over 10,000-year epochs."
- "I believe that history has shape, order, and meaning; that exceptional men, as much as economic forces, produce change; and that passe abstractions like beauty, nobility, and greatness have a shifting but continuing validity."
More In Women
- "You can find women who have never had an affair, but it is hard to find a woman who has had just one."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "We have to consciously study how to be tender with each other until it becomes a habit because what was native has been stolen from us, the love of Black women for each other."― Audre Lorde
- "Yes, it’s a man’s world, but that’s all right because they’re making a total mess of it. We’re chipping away at their control, taking the parts we want. Some women think it’s a difficult task, but it’s not."― Cher