More From Camille Paglia
- "High Romanticism shows you nature in all its harsh and lovely metamorphoses. Flood, fire and quake fling us back to the primal struggle for survival and reveal our gross dependency on mammoth, still mysterious forces."
- "Now that virtually every career is an option for ambitious girls, it can no longer be considered regressive or reactionary to reintroduce discussion of marriage and motherhood to primary education. We certainly do not want to return to the simplistic duality of home economics classes for girls and wood shop for boys."
- "I certainly derived my skills as a prose writer from my scrutiny of poetry and of the individual word. But schools don’t do things like that anymore – tracking words down to their roots."
More In Mom
- "Statistics are to baseball what a flaky crust is to Mom’s apple pie."― Harry Reasoner
- "If I am in London I like a quick get away to The Olde Bell in Hurley… It’s nearby and no stress – great food and beautiful walks."― Sadie Frost
- "My mom brought me up to believe that my talent is a gift and a blessing."― Christina Aguilera