More From Bruce Jackson
- "Well, I think everybody’s a little jealous of the Vietnam Wall, even people from wars that already have good monuments. You have a monument like the Wall and nobody ever forgets your war, you can bet on that."
- "Vietnam is often called our only uncensored war, but that only means that the government wasn’t vetting the pictures and words."
- "War is grounded in the notion of triumph and defeat. It is zero-sum."
More In War
- "And we love to dance, especially that new one called the Civil War Twist. The Northern part of you stands still while the Southern part tries to secede."― Dick Gregory
- "The Vietnam War required us to emphasize the national interest rather than abstract principles. What President Nixon and I tried to do was unnatural. And that is why we didn’t make it."― Henry A. Kissinger
- "I do not believe that the men who served in uniform in Vietnam have been given the credit they deserve. It was a difficult war against an unorthodox enemy."― William Westmoreland