More From Bruce Jackson
- "Well, I think everybody’s a little jealous of the Vietnam Wall, even people from wars that already have good monuments. You have a monument like the Wall and nobody ever forgets your war, you can bet on that."
- "They say the death of a parent puts you in time because that means there’s now no generation standing between you and ordinary death: you’re next. I don’t buy it."
- "Which suggests something about media and war: it’s not just that events happen and the media documents and presents them. There is a third element: what the public is ready to accept, what the public wants to know."
More In War
- "I think that NATO is itself a war criminal."― Harold Pinter
- "When a lot of things are going the wrong way for a country, for a people, when you can’t really think of anything worse than a war, you always try to take life on the brighter side and that’s how I grew up with my parents."― Andy Murray
- "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."― Albert Einstein