More From Bruce Jackson
- "The media bring our wars home, but only rarely have they been able to do it in complete freedom."
- "Bridges are perhaps the most invisible form of public architecture."
- "Which suggests something about media and war: it’s not just that events happen and the media documents and presents them. There is a third element: what the public is ready to accept, what the public wants to know."
More In War
- "There will always be disputes between nations which, at times, will inflame the public and threaten conflicts, but the main thing is to educate the people of the world to be ever mindful that there are better means of settling such disputes than by war."― Frank B. Kellogg
- "From our perspective, trying to deal with this continuing campaign of terror, if you will, the war on terror that we’re engaged in, this is a continuing enterprise. The people that were involved in some of those activities before 9/11 are still out there."― Dick Cheney
- "When a lot of things are going the wrong way for a country, for a people, when you can’t really think of anything worse than a war, you always try to take life on the brighter side and that’s how I grew up with my parents."― Andy Murray