More From Bruce Jackson
- "The US military still blames the media for stories and images that turned the American public against the war in Vietnam."
- "Vietnam is often called our only uncensored war, but that only means that the government wasn’t vetting the pictures and words."
- "Well, I think everybody’s a little jealous of the Vietnam Wall, even people from wars that already have good monuments. You have a monument like the Wall and nobody ever forgets your war, you can bet on that."
More In War
- "When I was growing up, it was ‘Communists’. Now it’s ‘Terrorists’. So you always have to have somebody to fight and be afraid of, so the war machine can build more bombs, guns, and bullets and everything."― Cindy Sheehan
- "In war the heroes always outnumber the soldiers ten to one."― H. L. Mencken
- "Where I would fault President Bush the most was that, in the wake of 9/11, he motivated our military, but he didn’t call the nation into a state of war. And he didn’t explain that this would take though a communal effort against common foe."― Frank Miller