More From Bruce Jackson
- "Perhaps the most important lesson of the New Social Historians is that history belongs to those about whom or whose documents survive."
- "They say the death of a parent puts you in time because that means there’s now no generation standing between you and ordinary death: you’re next. I don’t buy it."
- "Well, I think everybody’s a little jealous of the Vietnam Wall, even people from wars that already have good monuments. You have a monument like the Wall and nobody ever forgets your war, you can bet on that."
More In War
- "We didn’t start this war – the right wing did. We’re tired of seeing good-paying jobs shipped overseas. This fight is about the economy, it’s about jobs and it’s about rebuilding America."― James P. Hoffa
- "This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before."― Leonard Bernstein
- "I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind."― Thomas Jefferson