More From Bruce Jackson
- "War is an abstraction."
- "Which suggests something about media and war: it’s not just that events happen and the media documents and presents them. There is a third element: what the public is ready to accept, what the public wants to know."
- "Perhaps the most important lesson of the New Social Historians is that history belongs to those about whom or whose documents survive."
More In Freedom
- "I’ve been very lucky in the freedom that I’ve been given. Every artist needs two types of freedom: You need the freedom to – the freedom to come up with an idea or treatment – and then you need the other half of the freedom, and that’s freedom from – somebody saying, ‘This is great. This is how I want you to do it.’"― Steve Sabol
- "Family farms and small businesses are the backbone of our communities."― Tom Allen
- "You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."― Abbie Hoffman