More From Bruce Jackson
- "The U.S. government has in recent years fought what it termed wars against AIDs, drug abuse, poverty, illiteracy and terrorism. Each of those wars has budgets, legislation, offices, officials, letterhead – everything necessary in a bureaucracy to tell you something is real."
- "Well, I think everybody’s a little jealous of the Vietnam Wall, even people from wars that already have good monuments. You have a monument like the Wall and nobody ever forgets your war, you can bet on that."
- "War is grounded in the notion of triumph and defeat. It is zero-sum."
More In Architecture
- "But after the time there I’d had it with fashion again, so I left to go to architecture school in a summer course at Harvard, which didn’t last very long."― Stephen Sprouse
- "A building has integrity just like a man. And just as seldom."― Ayn Rand
- "Revived in this country the long forgotten beauties of Gothic architecture."― James Wyatt