More From Bruce Jackson
- "War is big and there are only so many reporters and only so many places for their words and images to appear. Choices are made constantly."
- "The US military still blames the media for stories and images that turned the American public against the war in Vietnam."
- "Well, I think everybody’s a little jealous of the Vietnam Wall, even people from wars that already have good monuments. You have a monument like the Wall and nobody ever forgets your war, you can bet on that."
More In Architecture
- "Japanese architecture is traditionally based on wooden structures that need renovating on a regular basis."― Tadao Ando
- "Does it follow that the house has nothing in common with art and is architecture not to be included in the arts? Only a very small part of architecture belongs to art: the tomb and the monument. Everything else that fulfils a function is to be excluded from the domain of art."― Adolf Loos
- "When I write now I do not invent situation, characters, or actions, but rather structures and discursive forms, textual groupings which are combined according to secret affinities among themselves, as in architecture or the plastic arts."― Juan Goytisolo