More From Brian Eno
- "People tend to play in their comfort zone, so the best things are achieved in a state of surprise, actually."
- "There are certain sounds that I’ve found work well in nearly any context. Their function is not so much musical as spatial: they define the edges of the territory of the music."
- "All cultures have these feelings about non-functional areas of activity. And the more time people have on their hands, the more they commit it to those areas."
More In Music
- "When you grow up in the music industry, trying to be Britney Spears because that’s what sells records and then you realize, ‘All I have to do is be myself? I should have thought of that a long time ago,’ it feels good to have success come from what’s actually inside of you."― Jessica Simpson
- "For-profit higher education is today a booming industry, feeding on the student loans handed out to the desperate."― Thomas Frank
- "I grew up listening to everything. I have such a love for music, but I don’t want to make the same album over and over again."― Carrie Underwood