More From Boris Pasternak
- "Art has two constant, two unending concerns: It always meditates on death and thus always creates life. All great, genuine art resembles and continues the Revelation of St John."
- "You fall into my arms. You are the good gift of destruction’s path, When life sickens more than disease. And boldness is the root of beauty. Which draws us together."
- "Love is not weakness. It is strong. Only the sacrament of marriage can contain it."
More In Poetry
- "And to say that society ought to be governed by the opinion of the wisest and best, though true, is useless. Whose opinion is to decide who are the wisest and best?"― Thomas Babington Macaulay
- "Men are amazing. I love the way they are. They’re consistently little boys, and they need to be nurtured and loved. But at the same time, they need to feel like men."― Krista Allen
- "I don’t think Auden liked my poetry very much, he’s very Anglican."― Stevie Smith