More From Boris Pasternak
- "Literature is the art of discovering something extraordinary about ordinary people, and saying with ordinary words something extraordinary."
- "Love is not weakness. It is strong. Only the sacrament of marriage can contain it."
- "Art has two constant, two unending concerns: It always meditates on death and thus always creates life. All great, genuine art resembles and continues the Revelation of St John."
More In Poetry
- "Great is the power of habit. It teaches us to bear fatigue and to despise wounds and pain."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "Sometimes you have to take a break from being a crazy kid. You can’t be doing that all the time. Sometimes you just have to pay respect to your own simple-ness."― Sean Paul
- "Scientific progress makes moral progress a necessity; for if man’s power is increased, the checks that restrain him from abusing it must be strengthened."― Madame de Stael