More From Booker T. Washington
- "I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed."
- "At the bottom of education, at the bottom of politics, even at the bottom of religion, there must be for our race economic independence."
- "Character is power."
More In Trust
- "You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don’t trust enough."― Frank Crane
- "We have been given the trust and goodwill of New Zealanders. I do not take that trust for granted, and I never will."― John Key
- "What you say about this world I do not quite agree with; I think it a very good world, and only requires a person to be reasonable in his expectations, and not to trust too much to others."― William John Wills