More From Booker T. Washington
- "I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed."
- "If you can’t read, it’s going to be hard to realize dreams."
- "At the bottom of education, at the bottom of politics, even at the bottom of religion, there must be for our race economic independence."
More In Trust
- "I tend not to trust people who live in very tidy houses. I know that on the surface there is nothing wrong with a person being well-ordered and disciplined. Nothing, except that it leaves the impression of that person having lived in the confines of a stark institution which, although he or she has long since left, remains within."― Jack Dee
- "I feel more mature than most people my age."― Leighton Meester
- "Firemen can do almost everything. You already trust them in life-threatening situations; why not let them help you with your everyday problems, too?"― David Hunt