More From Bono
- "You see, Africa makes a fool of our idea of justice. It makes a farce of our idea of equality. It mocks our pieties. It doubts our concern. It questions our commitment. Because there is no way we can look at what’s happening in Africa, and if we’re honest, conclude that it would ever be allowed to happen anywhere else."
- "I accept the Old Testament as more of an action movie: blood, car chases, evacuations, a lot of special effects, seas dividing, mass murder, adultery. The children of God are running amok, wayward. Maybe that’s why they’re so relatable."
- "It’s a privilege to serve the poor, to be servants of noble Africans, but I better belong in the rehearsal room or in the studio with my band. That’s where I want to be and I still wake up in the morning with melodies in my head."
More In Famous
- "Olympic Gold changed me and my life dramatically. I became a celebrity overnight and people see me as a famous skater, not a real person."― Oksana Baiul
- "You want a hero in the music world? James Brown. He brought a feeling to music without really using words. He’s just famous for his sound."― David Lee Roth
- "We played in Texas about a year ago, at Emo’s, the famous country and western club in Austin. And I figured, well, if I’m finally gonna die onstage, that’s where it’s going to be!"― Alan Vega