More From Bonnie Raitt
- "Religion is for people who are scared to go to hell. Spirituality is for people who have already been there."
- "I just play the music that I love with musicians that I respect, and fortunately, I’m in a position where people are willing to play with me, and perhaps I can do something to help them."
- "I never saw music in terms of men and women or black and white. There was just cool and uncool."
More In Respect
- "Nonetheless, do I have respect for people who believe in the hereafter? Of course I do. I might add, perhaps even a touch of envy too, because of the solace."― Studs Terkel
- "Bad acting comes in many bags, various odors. It can be performed by cardboard refugees from an Ed Wood movie, reciting their dialogue off an eye chart, or by hopped-up pros looking to punch a hole through the fourth wall from pure ballistic force of personality, like Joe Pesci in a bad mood. I can respect bad acting that owns its own style."― James Wolcott
- "House music is about love, and lots of hip hop is about hate and intolerance, so in that respect, it’s not good at all."― Chris Lowe