More From Bobby Ray Inman
- "The standard rumor at the time was that Rumsfeld, as chief of staff, had persuaded President Ford to appoint George H.W. Bush as director of Central Intelligence, assuming that that got rid of a potential competitor for the presidency."
- "Another factor is the decision, made in 1976, to sharply divide the FBI and the foreign intelligence agencies. The FBI would collect within the United States; the foreign intelligence agencies would collect overseas."
More In Intelligence
- "I’ve always felt that a person’s intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."― Abigail Adams
- "It is true greatness to have in one the frailty of a man and the security of a god."― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "If a cat does something, we call it instinct; if we do the same thing, for the same reason, we call it intelligence."― Will Cuppy