More From Bob Schieffer
- "And I came away from that experience, and it was a very difficult experience – I came to understand that you have to practice at being a good father and practice at being a good husband, just as you have to practice at being a good journalist."
- "The government’s view is that the best time to announce bad news, news that it doesn’t want the public to dwell on is late on a Friday, when it will wind up in the Saturday papers, which if you were readers, then the week day editions. A holiday weekend is even better."
- "The Iraq war was fought by one-half of one percent of us. And unless we were part of that small group or had a relative who was, we went about our lives as usual most of the time: no draft, no new taxes, no changes. Not so for the small group who fought the war and their families."
More In Politics
- "This has always been the way of presidential politics. The president rises above the fray while his surrogates go on the attack. They throw the spears and fling the mud; he sits upon the throne."― John Podhoretz
- "Our party is a diverse one, as is my home state of Illinois."― Dick Durbin
- "And after I make a lot of money, I’ll be able to afford running for office."― Christy Romano