More From Bob Schieffer
- "The Iraq war was fought by one-half of one percent of us. And unless we were part of that small group or had a relative who was, we went about our lives as usual most of the time: no draft, no new taxes, no changes. Not so for the small group who fought the war and their families."
- "And I came away from that experience, and it was a very difficult experience – I came to understand that you have to practice at being a good father and practice at being a good husband, just as you have to practice at being a good journalist."
- "The government’s view is that the best time to announce bad news, news that it doesn’t want the public to dwell on is late on a Friday, when it will wind up in the Saturday papers, which if you were readers, then the week day editions. A holiday weekend is even better."
More In Politics
- "A dose of humility goes a long way in life and in politics."― Ron Fournier
- "Suppressed grief suffocates, it rages within the breast, and is forced to multiply its strength."― Ovid
- "I’ve done reasonably well over the last 10 years because I took the strategy of language and politics and applied it to the corporate world, which has never been done before."― Frank Luntz