More From Billy Joel
- "I’ve crashed my car three times."
- "Why do musicians give so much time to charitable causes? The most humanitarian cause that we can give our time to is the creation and performance of music itself."
- "I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music."
More In Music
- "I’ve studied various schools of thought… I acknowledge that some Muslims consider music prohibited, but I’ve found a lot of evidence from the life of the Prophet to show that he allowed certainly, but even encouraged, music at certain times."― Cat Stevens
- "Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them."― John James Audubon
- "As a woman, you spend so much time either cooking or getting ready to go somewhere. I like to have music when I’m doing either of these things."― Zoe Saldana