More From Billie Jean King
- "Men can have a huge turnover of sponsorship and still survive a lot better than the women. But the women’s ratings are better, at least at home in the United States than in the men’s tennis."
- "When they take surveys of women in business, of the Fortune 500, the successful women, 80% of them, say they were in sports as a young woman."
- "In 1973, women got 59 cents on the dollar; now we are getting 74 cents on the dollar. In the area of finance and business, we are at 68 cents on the dollar."
More In Sports
- "It’s not fun facing a ball going 97 mph, trust me."― Kevin Pietersen
- "I have just come from a couple of raids, where we had a very lively time, and some of them had to pull their guns. I found it necessary to punch a few sports myself."― Richard H. Davis
- "But I was very much into sports when I was a child."― Eva Herzigova