More From Billie Jean King
- "I love to promote our sport. I love grass-roots tennis. I love coaching. I love all parts of the sport. I love the business side."
- "In the seventies we had to make it acceptable for people to accept girls and women as athletes. We had to make it okay for them to be active. Those were much scarier times for females in sports."
- "Women get the attention when we get into the men’s arena, and that’s sad."
More In Sports
- "Other sports play once a week but this sport is with us every day."― Peter Ueberroth
- "About the only problem with success is that it does not teach you how to deal with failure."― Tommy Lasorda
- "I Worked in the family auto body shop, lifted weights, and rode a few Victory Sports Indoors."― Ben Jackson