More From Billie Jean King
- "I love to promote our sport. I love grass-roots tennis. I love coaching. I love all parts of the sport. I love the business side."
- "Women get the attention when we get into the men’s arena, and that’s sad."
- "Ever since that day when I was 11 years old, and I wasn’t allowed in a photo because I wasn’t wearing a tennis skirt, I knew that I wanted to change the sport."
More In Sports
- "I do appreciate a woman who has a passion for sports and knows their stuff."― Jerry Ferrara
- "I played sports year around: basketball, soccer, softball and I ran track year around, from the time I was, like, six, seven."― Gabrielle Union
- "I never thought I’d make the pages of ‘Sports Illustrated,’ because I’ve always been skinny."― Carolyn Murphy