More From Billie Jean King
- "Women get the attention when we get into the men’s arena, and that’s sad."
- "Ever since that day when I was 11 years old, and I wasn’t allowed in a photo because I wasn’t wearing a tennis skirt, I knew that I wanted to change the sport."
- "Women’s sports is still in its infancy. The beginning of women’s sports in the United States started in 1972, with the passage of Title 9 for girls to finally get athletic scholarships."
More In Sports
- "I’m not that clued up on the American sports yet, really."― Retief Goosen
- "Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."― Barry Switzer
- "As an example, one of the schools I have been studying is too small to compete effectively in most sports, but participates with vigor each year in the state music contests."― James S. Coleman