More From Billie Holiday
- "Don’t threaten me with love, baby. Let’s just go walking in the rain."
- "Mom and Pop were just a couple of kids when they got married. He was eighteen, she was sixteen and I was three."
- "They think they can make fuel from horse manure – now, I don’t know if your car will be able to get 30 miles to the gallon, but it’s sure gonna put a stop to siphoning."
More In Business
- "But nothing is better than the market, where the customer and the business deal directly with each other, because if you rip people off, word gets out. That business eventually loses its customers, and the good ones that serve people well get the business. You get government in there, and it’s just more money for the lawyers who write the bills."― John Stossel
- "What if I couldn’t handle people’s opinions of me? I know that shouldn’t dictate a person’s degree of peace or happiness in life, but the problem is, I chose a business saturated in judgment."― Chris Evans
- "We mean by “politics” the people’s business – the most important business there is."― Adlai E. Stevenson