More From Billie Holiday
- "Mom and Pop were just a couple of kids when they got married. He was eighteen, she was sixteen and I was three."
- "No two people on earth are alike, and it’s got to be that way in music or it isn’t music."
- "They think they can make fuel from horse manure – now, I don’t know if your car will be able to get 30 miles to the gallon, but it’s sure gonna put a stop to siphoning."
More In Love
- "There is always something ridiculous about the emotions of people whom one has ceased to love."― Oscar Wilde
- "Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat."― Ben Hecht
- "The truth is that there is only one terminal dignity – love. And the story of a love is not important – what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity."― Helen Hayes