More From Bill Vaughan
- "Man is the animal that intends to shoot himself out into interplanetary space, after having given up on the problem of an efficient way to get himself five miles to work and back each day."
- "We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics."
- "Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to."
More In Patriotism
- "Liberals become indignant when you question their patriotism, but simultaneously work overtime to give terrorists a cushion for the next attack and laugh at dumb Americans who love their country and hate the enemy."― Ann Coulter
- "Politics is too partisan, and sometimes patriotism is cast aside. Patriotism is honor and love of your country and your brothers and sisters. With politics I get the impression that it’s all about what’s good for the party and not necessarily what’s good for the country."― Ricardo Montalban
- "The proper means of increasing the love we bear our native country is to reside some time in a foreign one."― William Shenstone