More From Bill Toomey
- "The East Germans first used biomechanics. This meant that rather than guessing about technique and form, they could apply changes to athletic performance based on science."
- "As I mentioned previously, the tools that allow for optimum health are diet and exercise."
- "The Ancient Games are relatively obscure to most Olympians, but to understand just what the Games are about, it is really necessary to investigate the roots and the meaning that has transformed culture and society for so many years."
More In Sports
- "I’ve always kind of had an interest in the drums but nothing else. The drums are the only thing I feel I would be good at, because I’m a very physical person. I’ve always played sports and stuff. Drums would give me something to do."― Taylor Lautner
- "I think it is that parents just don’t kick their kids out the door as much as they used to. I think the demise of sandlot sports has had a lot to do with it."― Frank Shorter
- "As all of us with any involvement in sports knows, no two umpires or no two referees have the same strike zone or call the same kind of a basketball game."― Herb Kohl