More From Bill Murray
- "People only talk about what a joyous experience it is, but there is terror: Your life, as you know it, is over. It’s over the day that child is born. It’s over, and something completely new starts."
- "I always want to say to people who want to be rich and famous: ‘try being rich first’. See if that doesn’t cover most of it. There’s not much downside to being rich, other than paying taxes and having your relatives ask you for money. But when you become famous, you end up with a 24-hour job."
- "All of us kids ended up ‘doing Mom.’ There are four of us who’ve tried show business. Five if you insist on counting my sister the nun, who does liturgical dance."
More In Respect
- "When I was in college, there were a couple years there where I was just not sure what to do, and it was actually my mom who suggested I take some journalism classes."― Savannah Guthrie
- "Most young people have tremendous respect for older people’s views."― Dennis Prager
- "I think I’ve earned a certain level of respect, based on my accomplishments and my consistency."― Curt Schilling