More From Beverly Sills
- "In youth we run into difficulties. In old age difficulties run into us."
- "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."
- "Anger begins with folly, and ends with repentance."
More In Strength
- "The virtue of paganism was strength; the virtue of Christianity is obedience."― Augustus Hare
- "I kid around a lot, but pranks are not my best strength!"― Betty White
- "I had no doubts I could go to the pole. I may not be as strong, but I make up for physical strength in other areas, like steadiness and not panicking under stress."― Ann Bancroft