More From Beverly Sills
- "A primary function of art and thought is to liberate the individual from the tyranny of his culture in the environmental sense and to permit him to stand beyond it in an autonomy of perception and judgment."
- "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."
- "In youth we run into difficulties. In old age difficulties run into us."
More In Strength
- "The strength of a man’s virtue should not be measured by his special exertions, but by his habitual acts."― Blaise Pascal
- "I had the strength and the finesse there and put it all together."― Elvis Stojko
- "I want kids to understand that strength doesn’t come from what goes on around you. It comes from inside you, and that comes from Jesus Christ."― Willie Aames