More From Beverly Sills
- "There is a growing strength in women but it’s in the forehead, not the forearm."
- "A primary function of art and thought is to liberate the individual from the tyranny of his culture in the environmental sense and to permit him to stand beyond it in an autonomy of perception and judgment."
- "Anger begins with folly, and ends with repentance."
More In Anger
- "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."― William Congreve
- "Hatred is an affair of the heart; contempt that of the head."― Arthur Schopenhauer
- "Guilt is anger directed at ourselves – at what we did or did not do. Resentment is anger directed at others – at what they did or did not do."― Peter McWilliams