More From Beverly Sills
- "In youth we run into difficulties. In old age difficulties run into us."
- "A primary function of art and thought is to liberate the individual from the tyranny of his culture in the environmental sense and to permit him to stand beyond it in an autonomy of perception and judgment."
- "Anger begins with folly, and ends with repentance."
More In Anger
- "Anger and hate against one we love steels our hearts, but contempt or pity leaves us silent and ashamed."― Edgar Rice Burroghs
- "Keep cool; anger is not an argument."― Daniel Webster
- "It’s all kind of a big illusion: the white picket fence and the perfect marriage and the kids. Check that box off, check that box off, and move forward."― Sarah McLachlan