More From Beverly Sills
- "Anger begins with folly, and ends with repentance."
- "A primary function of art and thought is to liberate the individual from the tyranny of his culture in the environmental sense and to permit him to stand beyond it in an autonomy of perception and judgment."
- "There is a growing strength in women but it’s in the forehead, not the forearm."
More In Anger
- "Men are fair, and they have learned not to personalize anger – they can disagree with you and argue to the bone, but afterward they still consider you a nice person with whom the underlying human relationship need not be altered."― Warren Farrell
- "For whatever reason, I didn’t succumb to the stereotype that science wasn’t for girls. I got encouragement from my parents. I never ran into a teacher or a counselor who told me that science was for boys. A lot of my friends did."― Sally Ride
- "Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten."― John Dryden