More From Bette Davis
- "A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else."
- "The only reason anyone goes to Broadway is because they can’t get work in the movies."
- "To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lonely labor, to be given a chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life. The money is the gravy."
More In Men
- "Where words are restrained, the eyes often talk a great deal."― Samuel Richardson
- "Men do not understand books until they have a certain amount of life, or at any rate no man understands a deep book, until he has seen and lived at least part of its contents."― Ezra Pound
- "It is past time for women to take their rightful place, side by side with men, in the rooms where the fates of peoples, where their children’s and grandchildren’s fates, are decided."― Hillary Clinton