More From Bertrand Russell
- "A sense of duty is useful in work but offensive in personal relations. People wish to be liked, not to be endured with patient resignation."
- "Marriage is for women the commonest mode of livelihood, and the total amount of undesired sex endured by women is probably greater in marriage than in prostitution."
- "A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live."
More In Work
- "We are so fortunate, as Australians, to have among us the oldest continuing cultures in human history. Cultures that link our nation with deepest antiquity. We have Aboriginal rock art in the Kimberley that is as ancient as the great Palaeolithic cave paintings at Altamira and Lascaux in Europe."― Kevin Rudd
- "I like to talk about my obsession with french fries because I don’t want people to think that ‘Let’s Move’ is about complete, utter deprivation. It’s about moderation and real-life changes and ideas that really work for families."― Michelle Obama
- "The greatest weariness comes from work not done."― Eric Hoffer