More From Bertrand Russell
- "Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse; it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives."
- "Religions, which condemn the pleasures of sense, drive men to seek the pleasures of power. Throughout history power has been the vice of the ascetic."
- "The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."
More In Happiness
- "Some of us might find happiness if we quit struggling so desperately for it."― William Feather
- "This is true enough, but success is the next best thing to happiness, and if you can’t be happy as a success, it’s very unlikely that you would find a deeper, truer happiness in failure."― Michael Korda
- "I have a theory that the secret of marital happiness is simple: drink in different pubs to your other half."― Jilly Cooper