More From Bertrand Russell
- "Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
- "If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have a paradise in a few years."
- "Anything you’re good at contributes to happiness."
More In Happiness
- "If you asked somebody, ‘what do you wish for in life?’ they wouldn’t say ‘happiness.’ I would have answered ‘excitement, knowledge,’ God knows – I mean, many, many different things, but certainly not ‘happiness’. It seemed like a foreign concept to wish for something that specific and that singular."― Connie Nielsen
- "You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."― Albert Camus
- "And of all illumination which human reason can give, none is comparable to the discovery of what we are, our nature, our obligations, what happiness we are capable of, and what are the means of attaining it."― Adam Weishaupt