More From Benny Green
- "I’m glad you asked that question, because of any musical situation I’ve been in, the communication feels great here with Russell. He really pays close attention to what I’m doing because he cares."
- "Ray had so much love of life and the music. He had so much integrity. He treated the music with so much dignity and respect. I spent four and a half years as a sideman with Ray Brown’s trio. Music was his life, more so than anyone I could mention."
- "Any time I need to get a serious attitude adjustment, I put on one of their records, and there are examples there for all time to keep us honest and keep us reaching; they’ll never be eclipsed."
More In Trust
- "I just want to make my music, and I want it to stand on its own."― Norah Jones
- "Never trust the artist. Trust the tale. The proper function of the critic is to save the tale from the artist who created it."― David Herbert Lawrence
- "You know how you wake up in the morning and sometimes you look gorgeous and other times you look like you got hit by a mack truck? I realized that my mack truck is food. If I have no sugar, yeast or wine, I have no undereye bags and my skin is perfect."― Mariska Hargitay