More From Benjamin Franklin
- "Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed."
- "Those who govern, having much business on their hands, do not generally like to take the trouble of considering and carrying into execution new projects. The best public measures are therefore seldom adopted from previous wisdom, but forced by the occasion."
- "If you would be loved, love, and be loveable."
More In Happiness
- "Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable."― Samuel Johnson
- "One’s work usually occupies more than half of one’s waking life. Choosing work that does not bring happiness will lead to a life that is mostly disappointing."― Bo Bennett
- "Live by this credo: have a little laugh at life and look around you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations."― Red Skelton