More From Benjamin Franklin
- "I conceive that the great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things."
- "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it."
- "In the affairs of this world, men are saved not by faith, but by the want of it."
More In Courage
- "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage."― Anais Nin
- "Then there is a still higher type of courage – the courage to brave pain, to live with it, to never let others know of it and to still find joy in life; to wake up in the morning with an enthusiasm for the day ahead."― Howard Cosell
- "True courage is being afraid, and going ahead and doing your job anyhow, that’s what courage is."― Norman Schwarzkopf