More From Benjamin Franklin
- "It is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness and I pronounce it as certain that there was never a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous."
- "If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some."
- "A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges."
More In God
- "God doesn’t go to jail for the pound of weed you got caught going over the Laredo with – even though he apparently has the knowledge, power, and care to prevent it – you go to jail. God passes go and the courts collect two hundred dollars."― Stephen Evans
- "God creates out of nothing. Wonderful you say. Yes, to be sure, but he does what is still more wonderful: he makes saints out of sinners."― Soren Kierkegaard
- "I read the book of Job last night, I don’t think God comes out well in it."― Virginia Woolf