More From Benjamin Disraeli
- "Beware of endeavoring to become a great man in a hurry. One such attempt in ten thousand may succeed. These are fearful odds."
- "King Louis Philippe once said to me that he attributed the great success of the British nation in political life to their talking politics after dinner."
- "Fame and power are the objects of all men. Even their partial fruition is gained by very few; and that, too, at the expense of social pleasure, health, conscience, life."
More In Great
- "To be great is to be misunderstood."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "I try to read for pleasure whenever I can – it’s a great way just to shut it off for a while so your brain doesn’t get fried."― Hillary Clinton
- "It is difficult for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs."― Thomas Hardy