More From Benjamin Disraeli
- "Man is not the creature of circumstances, circumstances are the creatures of men. We are free agents, and man is more powerful than matter."
- "Two nations between whom there is no intercourse and no sympathy; who are as ignorant of each other’s habits, thoughts, and feelings, as if they were dwellers in different zones, or inhabitants of different planets. The rich and the poor."
- "The best security for civilization is the dwelling, and upon properly appointed and becoming dwellings depends, more than anything else, the improvement of mankind."
More In Time
- "You know, sometimes, when they say you’re ahead of your time, it’s just a polite way of saying you have a real bad sense of timing."― George McGovern
- "But whether it be dream or truth, to do well is what matters. If it be truth, for truth’s sake. If not, then to gain friends for the time when we awaken."― Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- "John’s time and effort were, in the main, spent on pretty honorable stuff. As for the other side, well, nobody’s perfect, nobody’s Jesus. And look what they did to him."― Paul McCartney