More From Baruch Spinoza
- "Peace is not the absence of war, but a virtue based on strength of character."
- "Only that thing is free which exists by the necessities of its own nature, and is determined in its actions by itself alone."
- "For peace is not mere absence of war, but is a virtue that springs from, a state of mind, a disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
More In Beauty
- "One of the most beautiful passages of Rousseau is that in the sixth book of Confessions, where he describes the awakening in him of the literary sense. Of such wisdom, the poetic passion, the desire of beauty, the love of art for its own sake, has most."― Walter Pater
- "Being famous is wicked. But it’s better to be normal."― Rupert Grint
- "There’s a difference between beauty and charm. A beautiful woman is one I notice. A charming woman is one who notices me."― John Erskine