More From Barry Sanders
- "I really love peace and quiet."
- "It was a wonderful experience to play in the NFL, and I have no regrets. I truly will miss playing for the Lions. I consider the Lions’ players, coaches, staff, management and fans my family. I leave on good terms with everyone in the organization."
- "Happiness does not come from football awards. It’s terrible to correlate happiness with football. Happiness comes from a good job, being able to feed your wife and kids. I don’t dream football, I dream the American dream – two cars in a garage, be a happy father."
More In Success
- "I believe in luck: how else can you explain the success of those you dislike?"― Jean Cocteau
- "‘Dallas’ hit a chord back in the late Seventies and Eighties because it was the age of greed: here you have this unapologetic character who is mean and nasty and ruthless and does it all with an evil grin. I think people related to JR back then because we all have someone we know exactly like him. Everyone in the world knows a JR."― Larry Hagman
- "Yeah, ideally, I’d probably wish to be more anonymous. But scrutiny and success go together. And I want to be successful."― Paula Radcliffe