More From Barry Sanders
- "Anyone who has played the game professionally, you’re always taught that the ball is the most important, most precious thing, so when the ball hits the ground, it’s always a mad scramble. It’s amazing how many times there is a fumble, and the person who recovers it initially doesn’t walk away with the ball."
- "It’s hard to win in the NFL. You have to maintain a very delicate balance putting together the right team to be able to win and have any amount of success."
- "Happiness does not come from football awards. It’s terrible to correlate happiness with football. Happiness comes from a good job, being able to feed your wife and kids. I don’t dream football, I dream the American dream – two cars in a garage, be a happy father."
More In Experience
- "Gather experience… Look at what you should not look at. A feeling of anxiety is the sure and certain evidence that you should do this."― Clive Barker
- "Acting can be a narrow and isolated experience, because you only examine your particular part."― Damian Lewis
- "Fun is to experience things you would not have been able to experience in any other setting."― Mike Krzyzewski