More From Barry Commoner
- "The environmental crisis arises from a fundamental fault: our systems of production – in industry, agriculture, energy and transportation – essential as they are, make people sick and die."
- "It reflects a prevailing myth that production technology is no more amenable to human judgment or social interests than the laws of thermodynamics, atomic structure or biological inheritance."
- "Earth Day 1970 was irrefutable evidence that the American people understood the environmental threat and wanted action to resolve it."
More In Society
- "The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children."― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- "The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.e., the class which is the ruling material force of society, is at the same time its ruling intellectual force."― Karl Marx
- "I’m as happy a man as any in the world, for the whole world seems to smile upon me!"― Samuel Smiles