More From Barry Commoner
- "In every case, the environmental hazards were made known only by independent scientists, who were often bitterly opposed by the corporations responsible for the hazards."
- "The age of innocent faith in science and technology may be over."
- "It reflects a prevailing myth that production technology is no more amenable to human judgment or social interests than the laws of thermodynamics, atomic structure or biological inheritance."
More In Society
- "In the society, where people are just parts in a larger machine, individuals are unable to develop fully."― Friedrich Schiller
- "To love our neighbor as ourselves is such a truth for regulating human society, that by that alone one might determine all the cases in social morality."― John Locke
- "Justice is itself the great standing policy of civil society; and any eminent departure from it, under any circumstances, lies under the suspicion of being no policy at all."― Edmund Burke