More From Barry Commoner
- "World War II had a very important impact on the development of technology, as a whole."
- "Environmental concern is now firmly embedded in public life: in education, medicine and law; in journalism, literature and art."
- "By adopting the control strategy, the nation’s environmental program has created a built-in antagonism between environmental quality and economic growth."
More In Environmental
- "In a few decades, the relationship between the environment, resources and conflict may seem almost as obvious as the connection we see today between human rights, democracy and peace."― Wangari Maathai
- "I’m not sure that some of the food purists are in touch with what really goes on in American households."― Sandra Lee
- "We are now heading down a centuries-long path toward increasing the productivity of our natural capital – the resource systems upon which we depend to live – instead of our human capital."― Paul Hawken