More From Barbara Kingsolver
- "Empathy is really the opposite of spiritual meanness. It’s the capacity to understand that every war is both won and lost. And that someone else’s pain is as meaningful as your own."
- "I used to think religion was just more of the same thing. Dump responsibility on the big guy. Now I see an importance in that. It’s a relief to accept that not everything is under your control."
- "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof."
More In Life
- "Life stands before me like an eternal spring with new and brilliant clothes."― Carl Friedrich Gauss
- "Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto."― Dale Carnegie
- "If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want."― Zig Ziglar