More From Barbara Kingsolver
- "Empathy is really the opposite of spiritual meanness. It’s the capacity to understand that every war is both won and lost. And that someone else’s pain is as meaningful as your own."
- "I suppose that is my central obsession. What we owe to society, what we owe to ourselves."
- "At home, growing up, we weren’t really poor. We had everything we needed, we just didn’t have what we wanted."
More In History
- "In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can."― Nikos Kazantzakis
- "I’ve been in enough movies to know that when you’re on the set and you start shooting, you’re looking at playback and you get a sense of what it’s going to be like."― Mark Wahlberg
- "The current state of knowledge is a moment in history, changing just as rapidly as the state of knowledge in the past has ever changed and, in many instances, more rapidly."― Jean Piaget