More From Barbara Kingsolver
- "I think the most interesting parts of human experience might be the sparks that come from that sort of chipping flint of cultures rubbing against each other. And living on the border between Mexico and the U.S. for so many years gave me a lot of insight into that."
- "People’s dreams are made out of what they do all day. The same way a dog that runs after rabbits will dream of rabbits. It’s what you do that makes your soul, not the other way around."
- "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof."
More In History
- "I’m not one of those who wants to purge our society of our Christian history."― Richard Dawkins
- "Right around the end of the fifties, college students and young people in general, began to realize that this music was almost like a history of our country – this music contained the real history of the people of this country."― Jackson Browne
- "The history of thought may be summed up in these words: it is absurd by what it seeks and great by what it finds."― Paul Valery