More From Barbara Kingsolver
- "Wars and elections are both too big and too small to matter in the long run. The daily work – that goes on, it adds up."
- "I think the most interesting parts of human experience might be the sparks that come from that sort of chipping flint of cultures rubbing against each other. And living on the border between Mexico and the U.S. for so many years gave me a lot of insight into that."
- "I suppose that is my central obsession. What we owe to society, what we owe to ourselves."
More In Religion
- "If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion."― Edmond de Goncourt
- "I wish your increase in holiness, number, love, religion, and righteousness; and wait you, and cease to contend with these men that are gone from us, for there is nothing that shall convince them but judgment."― Donald Cargill
- "Just as the Russians and the Soviets didn’t manage to wipe out languages in Lithuania, neither have they managed to wipe out religion to the extent that we had feared."― Jeane Kirkpatrick