More From Barbara Kingsolver
- "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof."
- "I suppose that is my central obsession. What we owe to society, what we owe to ourselves."
- "Small change, small wonders – these are the currency of my endurance and ultimately of my life."
More In Religion
- "Religion points to that area of human experience where in one way or another man comes upon mystery as a summons to pilgrimage."― Frederick Buechner
- "Science can purify religion from error and superstition. Religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes."― Pope John Paul II
- "I’m sickened by all religions. Religion has divided people. I don’t think there’s any difference between the pope wearing a large hat and parading around with a smoking purse and an African painting his face white and praying to a rock."― Howard Stern