More From Barbara Kingsolver
- "I suppose that is my central obsession. What we owe to society, what we owe to ourselves."
- "Empathy is really the opposite of spiritual meanness. It’s the capacity to understand that every war is both won and lost. And that someone else’s pain is as meaningful as your own."
- "There’s always a part of your nation’s history that you haven’t been told that… has a powerful impact on how you yourself may behave and may believe."
More In Religion
- "Give yourself entirely to God, enter and hide in the hidden ground of your soul."― Johannes Tauler
- "Religion, oh, just another of those numerous failures resulting from an attempt to popularize art."― Ezra Pound
- "Too much of what is called “education” is little more than an expensive isolation from reality."― Thomas Sowell