More From Barbara Kingsolver
- "Few people know so clearly what they want. Most people can’t even think what to hope for when they throw a penny in a fountain."
- "There’s always a part of your nation’s history that you haven’t been told that… has a powerful impact on how you yourself may behave and may believe."
- "I suppose that is my central obsession. What we owe to society, what we owe to ourselves."
More In Religion
- "One of the things that is wrong with religion is that it teaches us to be satisfied with answers which are not really answers at all."― Richard Dawkins
- "Dad bought me a toy drum one Christmas, and I eventually destroyed it. I wanted a real drum and he bought me a snare drum. Dad continued to buy me one drum after the other."― Keith Thibodeaux
- "Shelley is truth itself and honour itself notwithstanding his out-of-the-way notions about religion."― George Byron