More From Barbara Kingsolver
- "Terms like that, “Humane Society,” are devised with people like me in mind, who don’t care to dwell on what happens to the innocent."
- "Wars and elections are both too big and too small to matter in the long run. The daily work – that goes on, it adds up."
- "People’s dreams are made out of what they do all day. The same way a dog that runs after rabbits will dream of rabbits. It’s what you do that makes your soul, not the other way around."
More In Society
- "I do earnestly wish to see the distinction of sex confounded in society, unless where love animates the behaviour."― Mary Wollstonecraft
- "Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."― Madeleine Albright
- "I am certain no one sets out to be cruel, but our treatment of the elderly ill seems to have no philosophy to it. As a society, we should establish whether we have a policy of life at any cost."― Terry Pratchett