More From Barbara Kingsolver
- "Wars and elections are both too big and too small to matter in the long run. The daily work – that goes on, it adds up."
- "Few people know so clearly what they want. Most people can’t even think what to hope for when they throw a penny in a fountain."
- "I used to think religion was just more of the same thing. Dump responsibility on the big guy. Now I see an importance in that. It’s a relief to accept that not everything is under your control."
More In Society
- "In my view, there is nothing more vicious and outrageous than the abuse, exploitation and harm of the most vulnerable members of our society, and I firmly believe that our nation’s laws and resources need to reflect the seriousness of these terrible crimes."― Bob Ney
- "American society is a sort of flat, fresh-water pond which absorbs silently, without reaction, anything which is thrown into it."― Henry Adams
- "Society is at odds with itself."― Clint Eastwood