More From Barbara Ehrenreich
- "The one regret I have about my own abortions is that they cost money that might otherwise have been spent on something more pleasurable, like taking the kids to movies and theme parks."
- "Personally, I can’t see why it would be any less romantic to find a husband in a nice four-color catalogue than in the average downtown bar at happy hour."
- "It was a real surprise to me to come across the evidence that Christianity might once have been a danced religion. Certainly, some of the early church leaders thought this was great and spoke of what seems to have been circle dancing, perhaps around an altar."
More In Marriage
- "A lot of people seem to want to make the institution of marriage substitute for a real relationship."― Susan Faludi
- "Marriage! Nothing else demands so much of a man."― Henrik Ibsen
- "I mean, for all of his faults and the troubles in his marriage, Bill Clinton is still married to a girl he met in the library 25 years ago at school. Can we say that about many of our other leaders today in America, including on the right wing?"― Paul Begala